Transfiguration of Jesus 2019

Okay first off Happy St. Patrick’s Day!! ☘️☘️☘️ What a beautiful day it is in the Church. We have some beautiful readings today on the second Sunday of Lent. We are on the journey to the mountain top, we are walking along with Peter, James, and John who get a glimpse of who Jesus really is. 
Don’t you just love Peter in his reactions with the encounters he has with Jesus. Peter’s reaction to the Transfiguration of Jesus is timeless. We will never really know what he truly felt but image for yourself what it would have been like. I’m sure he had to have felt overwhelmed I know for me I probably would have been overwhelmed with emotions. 
There is a lot going on here with the Old Testament making an appearance here. The fulfillment of Jesus is coming. Luke 9:31, “who appeared in glory and spoke of his exodus that he was going to accomplish in Jerusalem.” We have all heard what happened in Exodus, but this is Jesus’s exodus where he does and will be resurrected. 
An encounter with Jesus, something we all seek during this time of Lent. Fr. Paul says, “To get to the mountain top will not be easy, but a struggle, and who wants to come down this mountain when you have an encounter with Jesus.” I know for me I would not want to come down even though I know I have to. We all do at some point have to come down. If we stay up o. This mountain we really never really be able to accomplish our mission for Jesus. When we have an encounter with Jesus our lives will never be the same. Deacon Fausto says, “Our Home is in heaven and they climbed the mountain to have an encounter with Jesus.” Where we are right now is not our forever home we belong with God. This is our final stop on our journey is with God. Yet, while we are here our mission is be be Jesus to others who can not see Jesus. We are to be the hands, feet, mouth, and ears for Jesus. 
During this time of Lent how can we have an encounter with Jesus?


#lent #lent2019 #catholic #catholicfaith #peter #james #john #jesus #deaconfausto #frpaul #standrew #pasadena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship With Jesus March 1, 2019

Feast of Holy Innocents 2018

Seek and Knock