December 13, 2018 Eulogy of John the Baptist
I love it when Fr. Clemente comes to St. Andrew Church his homily was something I needed to hear. Advent is a time to reflect, to look back on our relationship with Jesus. Jesus eulogized John the Baptist, John the Baptist brings us to Jesus.
We have all geared eulogies before when we to go to funerals. At funerals we hear reflections from people that knew that person. We begin to reflect on our life. We hear a eulogy today in the Gospel of Jesus about John the Baptist. Fr. Clemente says, “Jesus was giving eulogies, they touch our lives, people reflect, they inspire us, they teach us.” I find this to be very true, I have heard so many eulogies, they do leave you looking back on your life, on situations. No matter who this person was their story touches us sometimes to the core. Some people will inspire us to be a better person.
This is a perfect season for reflections. I have been doing that a lot lately about everything. For me I know I need more Jesus in my life, have been putting Him to the side lately. Have been working on that this Advent season to find my way to Jesus.
How has your Advent season been so far?
#advent #advent2018 #catholic #catholicchurch #catholiclife #jesus #god #johnthebaptist #standrew #standrewchurch

Comments
Post a Comment